Join our core platform team and build the most ambitious and complex distributed software platform in biotech.
As a member of our core platform team you will be working on our distributed filesystem on top of Amazon S3, optimizing data uploads and downloads, implementing content search, managing and optimizing AWS resource allocation, and help develop models and algorithms for the distributed execution of genomic pipelines and tools.
An ideal candidate would:
- have 3+ years of relevant engineering experience;
- be proficient in Java and have hands-on experience with the modern Java stack™ (Guice, Jetty, Jersey, Jackson, Netty, etc.);
- understand the common design patterns and engineering practices;
- know how to work with at least one modern build system (Maven/Ivy/Buildr);
- have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structures;
- have good communication skills;
- be proficient in spoken and written English;
- be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn.
And we also think that...
- knowledge of distributed systems and algorithms is a big plus;
- strong CS background is a plus;
- it's great if you're fluent in more than one programming language and/or paradigm;
- feeling comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.) is a plus.
We don't require the candidates to meet every single requirement on our list. The bullets are there only to explain what we do and what you'll have a chance to learn if you join Seven Bridges Genomics. However, we are looking for a strong cultural fit, as we value our team more than anything else and we like to learn from each other and share the knowledge. In return, we offer a relaxed and open work environment, flexible working hours, great work conditions, fantastic meals made by our chef and all the coffee and tea you can drink.
If you would like to work with us and help us build the best and most reliable computational genomics infrastructure on the market, please send your resume.