Responsible for the overall editorial output of high quality celebrity news content across the Starlounge local channel in order to drive audience share and revenue growth. New media savvy and detail orientated you will be the ambassador for Starlounge in your market nurturing relationships and a passion for creating original and exclusive celebrity centric content.
- Develop and manage the content output of the Starlounge editorial programming schedule on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in strict compliance with the business guidelines including:
- Business strategy
- Brand values
- Editorial and Video guidelines
- SEO optimisation
- Operational requirements including government legislation, privacy, spam and copyright laws
- Edit any content in question, cross check facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, design pages and pictures, ensuring articles are not plagiarized or previously published elsewhere
- Manage, train and a lead a team of content contributors including in-house, freelance and internationally based staff
- Work strategically with team to produce a minimum of 40% local content and with the international team to produce and syndicate international content
- Manage the local market content budget
- Act as the central point of contact on a daily basis, driving regular communication with the international team of editorial output, business developments and escalation issues
- Provide creative editorial solutions in response to client briefs
- Develop and plan strategic editorial calendar in advance and communicate these plans both internally and externally
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the social media space and encourage the business to use these tools to drive traffic to the Starlounge URL
- Act as the ambassador for Starlounge attending media events and industry awards and functions reporting immediately on the action whilst networking with industry professionals
- Nurture and develop relationships with industry professionals including publicists, event managers, promoters and managers in order to grow content, cross promotional and marketing opportunities
- Manage the production of daily voice overs recorded in local language for Video segments
- Manage expectations and implement the production processes of all content output ensuring such projects are in-line with deadlines and budget restrictions
- Track and report on-line statistics demonstrating analysis and understanding of audience based research to assist with the positioning and development of relevant content for the target audience
- Maintain an advance level of awareness of developments in the new media industry
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in producing written content for either print or on-line
- Minimum of 2 years experience within the digital media industry demonstrating strong understanding of all web based tools and experience using content management systems
- Experience in managing or leading teams
- Project management and experience managing budgets
- Advanced knowledge of best practice cross-media production techniques including new media usability principals and deliver content to correct specifications
- Experience in web publishing including using Photoshop, HTML and Flash is desirable
Core Competencies Required:
Demonstrates the ability to communicate information and ideas effectively, maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure and remains calm, stable and in control of self.
A sound understanding of business objectives and direction and priorities, demonstrates and understands quality issues and what it means to the business, analyses problems and comes up with creative solutions.
Planning and Organisation
Makes effective use of own time to focus on critical tasks and project objectives, successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
Working with people
Contributes to an open, productive and positive culture in the team. Builds and maintains effective working relationships and able to adapt style of behaviour to the situation, provides a clear vision and direction for the team.
Solid knowledge and experience within the media and digital sectors, commits self to work hard towards goals, shows enthusiasm and career commitment.
Only CVs and Cover Letters in ENGLISH language will be taken into consideration.