We are looking for developers (mid or senior level) to work at a state-of-the-art Enterprise level, using (or wanted to use) the latest OOP practices: Domain-Driven Design, Design patterns, Object Relational Mapping, the Zend Framework for MVC and Unit testing in PHPUnit..
Westbook.eu ltd. is located in Horgos (near Subotica), Serbia . The team communicates in hungarian, but we're open to serbian and english too.
- Capability in solving complex problems in simple solutions is a very big plus. This can overwrite all your inexperience in specific technology.
- 2+ years in PHP. You can also be an XSLT, Python programmer.
- 2+ years MySQL or any RDMS like Postgresql, Microsoft SQL. You know the difference between Innodb and MyISAM.
- Subversion and Trac experience a big plus.
- Experienced with Apache and Linux.
- Internet Protocols (HTTP / HTTPS, SMTP, DNS, SMTP)
- Capabilities to design and develop scalable web applications.
- Must be highly motivated, creative and thorough.
To be successful in this position, Candidates must be able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, take direction and collaborate well with others.
OUR JOEL TEST SCORE: 9/12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send a resume and cover letter indicating relevant experience, notable projects, and salary requirements via e-mail to Oliver Nadj, email@example.com