For our client, the Embassy of Sweden, we are looking for motivated candidates.
The Embassy of Sweden in Belgrade is one of about 100 Swedish embassies and consulates in the world. One main task which permeates all work at the Embassy, is supporting the Serbian accession to the EU. This work includes promoting Swedish interests and contributing to increased trade and cultural exchange between Sweden and Serbia. Public diplomacy is becoming an ever more important tool in the Embassy work. An active and well-handled presence in social media is a precondition for positive results.
Promotion, Trade and Public Diplomacy Officer
Job description and level of responsibilities:
- Broad promotion activities of the Embassy, including Swedish industry and trade as well as the Sweden image and Swedish culture
- Economic reporting to the MFA in Stockholm, and for the Embassy’s presence in social media – part of efforts in public diplomacy
- Maintaining and developing contacts with financial institutions and organisations in Serbia, Montenegro and Sweden, as well as facilitating and encouraging contacts between Serbian, Montenegrian and Swedish companies
- Generating and executing project ideas for industrial- and Sweden promotion activities in Serbia and Montenegro, in close cooperation with the other sections of the Embassy
- Knowledge and experience in industry promotion and in economic and trade policy issues is a must
- Experience in working with communication and social media on a professional level
- Close understanding of Swedish culture and values
- Social competence, ability and will to establish and maintain broad networks, engagement, drive and ability and interest both in generating and carrying out ideas
- Ability to work in a flexible way to respond quickly to varying communication needs
- University degree – Economics, Political science, Communication or similar
- English – advanced level
- Swedish – expert level
- ECDL, skills regarding Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube)
Period of employment: indefinite period of time
Please send us your detailed CV and motivation letter exclusively by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: June 3rd 2013.
All shortlisted candidates will be informed by June 7th of next selection steps.